M30W Programming Forum

M30W is a text-based version of Scratch

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This is the development forum for M30W (also known as Emerald, do not confuse with Emerald Programming Language).
Our Non-development forums are available here

M30W(Emerald) 0.3 is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
Opal 0.3(A better command line M30W) is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
M30W 0.3.6 GUI barebones (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher and wxPython
Diamond-2 RED2 GUI Barebones (Fancy M30W editor) s out! (Download) Requires .NET Framework 3.5 or higher, does not require Python
M30W++ GUI barebones (Java M30W) Alpha 1 is out! (Download) Requires Java.


Gershmer.net, our hosting, will close in February 2011. We have not fully decided what to do with our hosting after that, but we will tell you when we decide.

Adverts

Adverts

Poll

What should Emerald be renamed as?

Itch

0% - 0
Meow

60% - 3
Bark

0% - 0
Daimond

40% - 2
Other (please specify)

0% - 0
Total: 5

#1 2009-12-19 03:08:22

floppy_gunk
I Am Your Father.
From: Earth, The Milky Way (I think)
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 186
Website

What should emerald be renamed as?

:) Mee votez for Diamond! prity diamondz!


Big Bob bites black bugs, but black bugs bite Big Bob back.

Offline

 

2009-12-19 03:08:22

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-12-19 11:29:20

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEooWWWW!!!


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#3 2009-12-19 13:58:24

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Diamond.


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#4 2009-12-19 14:03:53

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Can i just say something, if we are making a text-based version of scratch, why are we using jewel related names? since scratch is a cat... we're gonna call out text-based version, after a jewel, makes sense. :rolleyes:


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#5 2009-12-19 14:10:29

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

markyparky56 wrote:

Can i just say something, if we are making a text-based version of scratch, why are we using jewel related names? since scratch is a cat... we're gonna call out text-based version, after a jewel, makes sense. :rolleyes:

I believe we are supposed to be named off of Ruby.


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#6 2009-12-19 21:07:07

Magnie
> I am Ninja! <
From: Polaris, the planet
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 321
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

M30W :P ( Meow )


- I speak IF Common -
  ~ Magnie Mozios ~

Offline

 

#7 2009-12-19 21:18:15

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Gershmer wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Can i just say something, if we are making a text-based version of scratch, why are we using jewel related names? since scratch is a cat... we're gonna call out text-based version, after a jewel, makes sense. :rolleyes:

I believe we are supposed to be named off of Ruby.

Who made that decision? since we are scratch related, and <name of our programing language> is supposed to be the text-based version of it. Why not call it a scratch related name?


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#8 2009-12-19 21:53:08

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

markyparky56 wrote:

Gershmer wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Can i just say something, if we are making a text-based version of scratch, why are we using jewel related names? since scratch is a cat... we're gonna call out text-based version, after a jewel, makes sense. :rolleyes:

I believe we are supposed to be named off of Ruby.

Who made that decision? since we are scratch related, and <name of our programing language> is supposed to be the text-based version of it. Why not call it a scratch related name?

I don't know, just making an educated guess.


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#9 2009-12-20 13:37:28

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

I think it was magnie... What are we gonna do about the Emerald thread on scratch, since we aren't gonna be called that? And this one, its called Emerald Programming Forum, how we gonna fix that?


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#10 2009-12-23 10:24:21

floppy_gunk
I Am Your Father.
From: Earth, The Milky Way (I think)
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 186
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Magnie wrote:

M30W :P ( Meow )

That's a pretty good idea.


Big Bob bites black bugs, but black bugs bite Big Bob back.

Offline

 

#11 2009-12-23 19:12:59

Magnie
> I am Ninja! <
From: Polaris, the planet
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 321
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Yes, I was the one that named it Emerald, but we can change the topic name by asking a Moderator or Admin or we can post a new topic and ask for the old one to be closed, but for the forums, we're going to need to make a new one.

Thanks Floppy, also M30W ( Meow ) stands for "Marvellous Editor Of Wonder" xD


- I speak IF Common -
  ~ Magnie Mozios ~

Offline

 

#12 2009-12-24 12:29:47

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

Magnie wrote:

"Marvellous Editor Of Wonder"

That a great name


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#13 2009-12-26 02:49:11

floppy_gunk
I Am Your Father.
From: Earth, The Milky Way (I think)
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 186
Website

Re: What should emerald be renamed as?

I'm with it!


Big Bob bites black bugs, but black bugs bite Big Bob back.

Offline

 

Adverts

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Hosted by PunBB-Hosting