M30W Programming Forum

M30W is a text-based version of Scratch

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This is the development forum for M30W (also known as Emerald, do not confuse with Emerald Programming Language).
Our Non-development forums are available here

M30W(Emerald) 0.3 is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
Opal 0.3(A better command line M30W) is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
M30W 0.3.6 GUI barebones (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher and wxPython
Diamond-2 RED2 GUI Barebones (Fancy M30W editor) s out! (Download) Requires .NET Framework 3.5 or higher, does not require Python
M30W++ GUI barebones (Java M30W) Alpha 1 is out! (Download) Requires Java.


Gershmer.net, our hosting, will close in February 2011. We have not fully decided what to do with our hosting after that, but we will tell you when we decide.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2010-04-22 15:27:40

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

bendad wrote:

it is ma grandpa's computer. when I get home to my awesome desktop mac, I will start to work. well, now I am using my mom's laptop.

Ha, awesome is an understatement for my DeskTop. The case is worth about 2 hundred pounds. Plus, its a Windows computer. ;)

KLOL, I'd be okelidokeli with a cahd board case for my desktop :D

My case is worth about 30 bucks (or like, 45 pounds?)

Funny thing is, we paid zilch for it! A friend of my grandparents gave my dad it, who repaired it so it worked again gave me it because my computer was a bit rubbish.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

2010-04-22 15:27:40

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2010-04-22 15:32:07

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

That is kinda why I have a new mac. My OLD Windows 2000 (See? OLD!) was SUPER slow so I was always using my Mom's laptop. That got kinda hard after a while because we were sharing it. So, my parents bought me a over 1000$ desktop mac for my birthday last year.


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

#28 2010-04-23 02:57:59

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

sry for double posting. My dad is a programmer. I asked him to help us a bit, but he says: "I'm too busy." I told him that I was supposed to learn java. He said that python was simpler. Anyways, what is M30W gonna be written in for 0.4 or 1.0?


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

#29 2010-04-23 19:03:22

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

bendad wrote:

sry for double posting. My dad is a programmer. I asked him to help us a bit, but he says: "I'm too busy." I told him that I was supposed to learn java. He said that python was simpler. Anyways, what is M30W gonna be written in for 0.4 or 1.0?

Python, from what I've seen, is actualy not as easy as java.

Plus, $1000! HA!!! Way over priced. Some say that the more it costs the better, in some case... thats not the case.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#30 2010-04-23 21:04:22

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

markyparky56 wrote:

bendad wrote:

sry for double posting. My dad is a programmer. I asked him to help us a bit, but he says: "I'm too busy." I told him that I was supposed to learn java. He said that python was simpler. Anyways, what is M30W gonna be written in for 0.4 or 1.0?

Python, from what I've seen, is actualy not as easy as java.

Plus, $1000! HA!!! Way over priced. Some say that the more it costs the better, in some case... thats not the case.

It was brand new. It was actually the cheapest that Apple would offer for a new computer that fit our qualifications.


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

#31 2010-04-30 15:02:38

filo5
Diamond Creator
From: Catford, London, UK
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 253
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

Or learn C# and help me out with Diamond (I'm currently waiting for you guys to have the files saved as plaintext, remember!)


And yeah, I'm back.


http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/429/filo5newsigsg1planf.png

Offline

 

#32 2010-04-30 20:20:07

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

filo5 wrote:

Or learn C# and help me out with Diamond (I'm currently waiting for you guys to have the files saved as plaintext, remember!)


And yeah, I'm back.

HELLO!!!! Im working on learning C# (For diamond and seperate things) and C++ (for game making)


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#33 2010-05-03 19:05:06

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

markyparky56 wrote:

filo5 wrote:

Or learn C# and help me out with Diamond (I'm currently waiting for you guys to have the files saved as plaintext, remember!)


And yeah, I'm back.

HELLO!!!! Im working on learning C# (For diamond and seperate things) and C++ (for game making)

How many C# do you know?


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#34 2010-05-03 21:20:24

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

filo5 wrote:

Or learn C# and help me out with Diamond (I'm currently waiting for you guys to have the files saved as plaintext, remember!)


And yeah, I'm back.

HELLO!!!! Im working on learning C# (For diamond and seperate things) and C++ (for game making)

How many C# do you know?

There are only 2 C#'s.

.NET and not .NET


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#35 2010-05-04 02:04:25

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

Gershmer wrote:

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

HELLO!!!! Im working on learning C# (For diamond and seperate things) and C++ (for game making)

How many C# do you know?

There are only 2 C#'s.

.NET and not .NET

D: Typo, I meant "how much C# have you learned?"

@filo
And, CPPE, and VBEmerld both save plain text files (they just have issues opening them.)


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#36 2010-05-04 19:39:15

floppy_gunk
I Am Your Father.
From: Earth, The Milky Way (I think)
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 186
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

markyparky56 wrote:

Python, from what I've seen, is actually not as easy as java.

Plus, $1000! HA!!! Way over priced. Some say that the more it costs the better, in some case... thats not the case.

Wrong and wrong. Python is much simpler, and the money for a Mac is way worth it.


Big Bob bites black bugs, but black bugs bite Big Bob back.

Offline

 

#37 2010-05-04 19:40:22

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

floppy_gunk wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Python, from what I've seen, is actually not as easy as java.

Plus, $1000! HA!!! Way over priced. Some say that the more it costs the better, in some case... thats not the case.

Wrong and wrong. Python is much simpler, and the money for a Mac is way worth it.

CORRECT, and WRONG!

very, very wrong!


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#38 2010-05-04 19:46:20

filo5
Diamond Creator
From: Catford, London, UK
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 253
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

But you can have Python on any system, including those weird Linux mods that can be installed on PlayStation 3's.


http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/429/filo5newsigsg1planf.png

Offline

 

#39 2010-05-04 20:51:11

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

floppy_gunk wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Python, from what I've seen, is actually not as easy as java.

Plus, $1000! HA!!! Way over priced. Some say that the more it costs the better, in some case... thats not the case.

Wrong and wrong. Python is much simpler, and the money for a Mac is way worth it.

CORRECT, and WRONG!

very, very wrong!

*sighs* Im not going to even bother arguing with people who can't take sense.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#40 2010-05-04 21:18:06

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:

floppy_gunk wrote:


Wrong and wrong. Python is much simpler, and the money for a Mac is way worth it.

CORRECT, and WRONG!

very, very wrong!

*sighs* Im not going to even bother arguing with people who can't take sense.

You think macs are worth it?


Python is simple: |  Macs are 'worth it'
                          |
CORRECT           |   WRONG! very very very wrong!


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#41 2010-05-05 15:00:33

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:

CORRECT, and WRONG!

very, very wrong!

*sighs* Im not going to even bother arguing with people who can't take sense.

You think macs are worth it?




Python is simple: |  Macs are 'worth it'
                          |
CORRECT           |   WRONG! very very very wrong!

Wait sorry, i must have miss read it, im on the Anti-mac side.
XD
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/epic-fail-alert-fail.jpg


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#42 2010-05-05 18:02:53

filo5
Diamond Creator
From: Catford, London, UK
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 253
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

>.> on topic, guys...


http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/429/filo5newsigsg1planf.png

Offline

 

#43 2010-05-06 20:25:28

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:


CORRECT, and WRONG!

very, very wrong!

*sighs* Im not going to even bother arguing with people who can't take sense.

You think macs are worth it?


Python is simple: |  Macs are 'worth it'
                          |
CORRECT           |   WRONG! very very very wrong!

HEY!!!


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

#44 2010-05-07 01:41:29

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

bendad wrote:

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:


*sighs* Im not going to even bother arguing with people who can't take sense.

You think macs are worth it?


Python is simple: |  Macs are 'worth it'
                          |
CORRECT           |   WRONG! very very very wrong!

HEY!!!

Actually, I have a secret obsession with macs. I just am predisposed to saying that I hate em, which I usually do.


They Aren't worth the cost though....


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#45 2010-05-07 15:37:38

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

bendad wrote:

cds56 wrote:


You think macs are worth it?


Python is simple: |  Macs are 'worth it'
                          |
CORRECT           |   WRONG! very very very wrong!

HEY!!!

Actually, I have a secret obsession with macs. I just am predisposed to saying that I hate em, which I usually do.


They Aren't worth the cost though....

If you count secret obbession as wanting to scrap them all for parts then thats mine.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#46 2010-05-08 02:15:49

cds56
THE TOOOTH! THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!
From: Canamadiana
Registered: 2009-11-07
Posts: 423

Re: What do I need to do?

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:

bendad wrote:


HEY!!!

Actually, I have a secret obsession with macs. I just am predisposed to saying that I hate em, which I usually do.


They Aren't worth the cost though....

If you count secret obbession as wanting to scrap them all for parts then thats mine.

<_> eh, heheh, all my macs are virtual, and most of them are legal :D!


http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/glider.png

Offline

 

#47 2010-05-09 13:28:46

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:


Actually, I have a secret obsession with macs. I just am predisposed to saying that I hate em, which I usually do.


They Aren't worth the cost though....

If you count secret obbession as wanting to scrap them all for parts then thats mine.

<_> eh, heheh, all my macs are virtual, and most of them are legal :D!

Lol.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#48 2010-05-09 19:15:44

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

cds56 wrote:


Actually, I have a secret obsession with macs. I just am predisposed to saying that I hate em, which I usually do.


They Aren't worth the cost though....

If you count secret obbession as wanting to scrap them all for parts then thats mine.

<_> eh, heheh, all my macs are virtual, and most of them are legal :D!

most?


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

#49 2010-05-12 19:05:57

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

cds56 wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

bendad wrote:

it is ma grandpa's computer. when I get home to my awesome desktop mac, I will start to work. well, now I am using my mom's laptop.

Ha, awesome is an understatement for my DeskTop. The case is worth about 2 hundred pounds. Plus, its a Windows computer. ;)

KLOL, I'd be okelidokeli with a cahd board case for my desktop :D

My case is worth about 30 bucks (or like, 45 pounds?)

Yeah, well we didn't have to pay a penny for it, so thats why.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#50 2010-05-17 20:55:04

bendad
M30W Computer Geek
From: A Place....
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 162
Website

Re: What do I need to do?

OK!!! It has been decided. I am now going to start learning Java. My mac basically comes with Java and it helps that I have the mac developer suite which comes with programming tools that you never knew existed, thanks to Apple. Markyparky56, you are learning java, where should I start?


http://bendad.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_433188.gif "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" -- Commander Riker

I'm sorry that I am copying Filo5's old signature, but it is very awesome. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Offline

 

Adverts

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Hosted by PunBB-Hosting