M30W Programming Forum

M30W is a text-based version of Scratch

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This is the development forum for M30W (also known as Emerald, do not confuse with Emerald Programming Language).
Our Non-development forums are available here

M30W(Emerald) 0.3 is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
Opal 0.3(A better command line M30W) is out! (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher.
M30W 0.3.6 GUI barebones (Download) Requires Python 2.6 or higher and wxPython
Diamond-2 RED2 GUI Barebones (Fancy M30W editor) s out! (Download) Requires .NET Framework 3.5 or higher, does not require Python
M30W++ GUI barebones (Java M30W) Alpha 1 is out! (Download) Requires Java.


Gershmer.net, our hosting, will close in February 2011. We have not fully decided what to do with our hosting after that, but we will tell you when we decide.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2009-10-24 20:50:39

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

C#

How to program in C# without Visual Studio?

I assume you can take a .m(?) file and compile it(?)...


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

2009-10-24 20:50:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-10-24 22:20:06

Magnie
> I am Ninja! <
From: Polaris, the planet
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 321
Website

Re: C#

Just open a text editor and start programming, all you need is a C# compiler to run it.


- I speak IF Common -
  ~ Magnie Mozios ~

Offline

 

#3 2009-10-24 23:36:30

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: C#

Magnie wrote:

Just open a text editor and start programming, all you need is a C# compiler to run it.

What file extension?

.m, right?

or is it .h?

also, where can I find a good compiler?


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#4 2009-10-25 00:28:09

Magnie
> I am Ninja! <
From: Polaris, the planet
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 321
Website

Re: C#

.cs I believe. For C# ( C Sharp )


- I speak IF Common -
  ~ Magnie Mozios ~

Offline

 

#5 2009-10-25 11:56:15

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: C#

and a good compiler?


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#6 2009-10-26 11:27:57

filo5
Diamond Creator
From: Catford, London, UK
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 253
Website

Re: C#

yes, it is .cs

But you'll really need an IDE if you want to do window-based programs. SharpDevelop is smaller (meaning in MBs) than Visual C#, and similarly functional (and open source).


http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/429/filo5newsigsg1planf.png

Offline

 

#7 2010-01-16 18:51:45

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: C#

So there is no VC#? :/

Im just looking for different programming languages to learn, im learning VB in school, but im trying to find a good one for a wider horizon, and i think C__ is where to start since its so widely used.


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

#8 2010-01-16 21:40:56

Gershmer
Admin
From: Newton Centre, Massachusetts
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 515
Website

Re: C#

markyparky56 wrote:

So there is no VC#? :/

Im just looking for different programming languages to learn, im learning VB in school, but im trying to find a good one for a wider horizon, and i think C__ is where to start since its so widely used.

There is a Visual C#
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/


http://card.ly/images/vcard-green-small.png

Offline

 

#9 2010-01-17 13:40:17

markyparky56
Hi...
From: Scotland
Registered: 2009-10-08
Posts: 910
Website

Re: C#

Gershmer wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

So there is no VC#? :/

Im just looking for different programming languages to learn, im learning VB in school, but im trying to find a good one for a wider horizon, and i think C__ is where to start since its so widely used.

There is a Visual C#
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/

Thanks, :)


I am A M30Wr.
I always get the last word.

Offline

 

Adverts

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Hosted by PunBB-Hosting